Check our FAQ page, or contact PAVAN Director, AJ Rudnick, at email@example.com or 571-252-3154.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL FEBRUARY 28, 2021
PAVAN DATES: MONDAY - FRIDAY , JULY 12 - 23
- Student’s must agree to an honor code statement affirming that the video is the student's own work.
- Submissions that do not follow the audition requirements will be disqualified.
- Submissions will not be "proof-read" by PAVAN administration for errors.
- Submissions may be submitted prior to the February 28 deadline.
- Each student may submit only one application/video submission.
Are you a rising 9 - 12th grade student in Frederick, Loudoun or Warren Counties or Winchester City?
Good, you are eligible to apply. Keep reading.
NEW THIS YEAR!!!
The application and audition processes will be consolidated together into one online form rather than separating the application from the audition.
There will be no live, in-person auditions in order to keep everyone as safe as possible and due to lack access to schools during the covid pandemic. All auditions will be video submissions.
Students will create unlisted youtube videos. They are not searchable and can only be viewed by people with the link. The link will be listed on the application form.
Please read and follow the directions on this page carefully.
DO'S & DON'TS
- DO dress appropriately for your video audition.
- DO use your smart phone. We are not looking for professional level productions.
- DO use landscape view and use a quiet, simple setting.
- DON’T fret over a stuttered word or buzzed note.
- DON’T re-record yourself a zillion times.
- DON’T buy equipment like microphones or cameras.
NEW TO CREATING A VIDEO?
View these basic tips on using your smartphone for videos.
Here is how to create an unlisted YouTube video.
February 28: hard due date for applications
March 14: due date for teacher recommendations
April 15: students will be notified of results
May 30: student/parent handbook forms due
July 12 - 23: PAVAN! (9 am - 2:30 pm)
While it is PAVAN’s intent to hold an in-person program this summer, public schools are not yet fully open. In the event that schools are not open by July 2021, or for any other reason deemed necessary by the Board of Directors, PAVAN will be cancelled. There is no virtual option, due to equity concerns. By applying you are indicating your understanding that PAVAN may need to be cancelled.
4 STEPS TO APPLY
1. Review the audition requirements for your division. Practice the requirements until you are confident and prepare thoughtful answers to the interview questions. Practice answering the questions out loud.
2. Create an unlisted YouTube audition video following the requirements on the audition page.
3. Complete the google application form. The application has a space to link your audition video and your artist portfolio document (for visual artists only). Due February 28, 2021.
4. An online teacher recommendation is required. Choose a teacher that is familiar with your work. Notify the teacher that you are applying for PAVAN. Ask them to complete a recommendation for you. You will provide the name an email address of the teacher on the application form. PAVAN will send the teacher a link to the online form. Due March 14.